TAKE PART IN THE 1Oth EDITION OF VISIO
Florence, November 9 – 14, 2021
Lo Schermo dell’Arte promotes the tenth edition of VISIO-European Programme on Artists’ Moving Images, a research and residency project dedicated to artists who use moving images in their artistic practice.
Candidates must be visual artists who:
- work with moving images as part of their artistic practice
- are under 35 years old
- are citizens or residents of one of the 47 member countries of the European Council (complete list)
- hold a degree (M.A. or equivalent) or have had at least one solo show in the last two years
- have an excellent knowledge of the English language
2. Application and Deadlines
Please download the application form here. Together with the application form you must also submit the following files (in English):
- Curriculum vitae (specify date of birth and nationality and/or country of residence)
- Portfolio with web links to previous video works, and exhibition photos if available
- One photograph of the artist with a resolution of at least 300 dpi (format: JPG or TIFF)
Applications must be sent to Carolina Gestri at firstname.lastname@example.org
The official opening of the sessions will be at 5.00pm on Tuesday 9 November, and will end at 11.30pm on Sunday 14 November.
Participants must attend all events for the whole duration of the programme (in person or in streaming).
All meetings and seminars will be in English.
3. The selected artists will be granted:
- A pass providing access to all parts of the festival (screenings, streaming and lectures)
- Participation in all sections of the programme
- Hotel accommodation (9 – 15 November, six nights)
Transportation to and/or from Florence is not included.
VISIO is centred on constructing a shared experience, forged by an inclusive community of artists, curators and collectors. That’s why we firmly believe in doing everything possible to help our guests and participants come to Florence safely.
We are well aware of all the problems and uncertainties caused by the current global health crisis. If at the time of selection an artist knows it will be impossible to attend, or if their trip must be cancelled for reasons beyond anyone’s control, they will be allowed to participate in all sections of the programme via streaming.